Swalife or South West Airways (SWA), the world’s largest low-cost airplane service of the United States was established in the year 1967 by Herb Kelleher as Air Southwest. The name was changed to South West Airways on June 18, 1971 when the first intrastate airplane service was started within Texas. The headquarter is situated in Dallas, Texas, United States.
The current Chairman and CEO, Gary C. Kelly boasts to have around 55,000 employees serving them while managing 4000 departures every day during the peak season. It provides services to approximately 100 destinations within the US and serves 10 international destination. The airlines started its first flight in Hawai’i after starting the airplane facilities for the Turks and Caicos in the year 2017.
Southwest Airline recorded the most domestic customers in the year 2016 as compared to any other US airlines. Even though the airlines provide a low-cost airplane service, they provider superior quality services without compromising with the quality. The best thing is that while focusing on their customers, the airlines also focusses on their employees. SWALIFE is the portal created by South West Airlines for its employees so that they can access the benefit plans provided by the company.
Swalife Login to Online Portal
Swalife makes it easy for their employees to access their job schedules, insurance plan, retirement plan, employee stock purchase, health saving accounts, holidays, travel privileges, job opportunities and trainings. The employees can access the Swalife online portal through the web and their mobile devices.
- Go to the official website
- You must enter your SWA ID and Password to login to Swalife portal.
- Once the employee login to their portal they can access all the services associated to their account.
- In case they have forgot their password, they can click on ‘Password Manager’ to reset their passwords.
- The cabin crew employees can access ‘Swalife CWA login’ to login to the portal as they have different privileges.
- The retirees from Southwest Airlines can sign in via Swalife Retiree login.
Swalife Benefits Plans that can be accessed via portal
The employees working at Southwest airlines receives a number of blistering benefits. Some of them have been mentioned and described below.
- Medical Benefits Plan: To avail this plan, the employee must give consent for deduction of a certain amount from the monthly pay towards medical coverage. Based on the choices, the insurance coverage might include the employees or their family members in the medical coverage plan.
This includes medical coverage for both treatment and prescription drugs. The coverage includes – Dental Coverage (basic and major dental problems, orthodontic treatment), Short-term disability (company paid plan if employee suffers from a short-term injury or illness), Long-term disability (Company//employee paid plan if the employees goes through disability for an extended period), Accidental dental and dismemberment (insurance coverage to support employees and their family members in case of an accident), Flexible Spending Amount (saving amount pre-tax for spending in healthcare), and Health Saving Account (eligible employees given the provision to save healthcare expenses).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): A free counselling is given to employees and their family members so that they can maintain work-life balance in their day-to-day life.
- Retirement Plan: This helps the employee to save money for their retirement under 401(k) plan which is a pre-tax contribution. The employee can check from the road range of investment schemes, selecting the best and feasible plan for themselves.
- Profit Sharing: These are the first airlines in the history to offer a profit-sharing plan to its employee. SWA considers that employees work hard, and they must be given rewards for it. As a contribution from the company, the employees are given some profit share depending upon their pay scale. The profit percentage varies from 1% to 16%.
- Stock Purchase Plan for Employees: If a employee serves Southwest Airlines for more than 6 months, the company lets employee to purchase South Common Stock at a 10% discount.
- Commuter Benefits: This plan includes pre-tax money saving for transportation charges such as bus, regional rail, subway, trolley, ferry and more.
- Holidays: Each and every employee working for SWA gets 10 holiday per year out of which one could be decided by the company’s employees.
- Travel Privileges: SWA employees receives unlimited travel tickets from Southwest Airlines. The parents of the employee, spouse and children below 19 years are eligible for this plan. The employee also receives a pass agreement for other company’s airlines along with discounts on rental car companies, hotels and other utilities and facilities.
- Other Popular Benefits: This includes child and elder are, paid adoption leave, adoption assistance, car and home insurance, pet insurance and supplemental hospital insurance.
Southwest Airlines Careers
People who are appointed here are lucky enough to get the job. It gives them an opportunity for both personal and professional growth. The company respects and cares for its employees and for the same sake, they have a lot of benefits plan for the employees working here. They also run Emerging Leadership Development program in order to develop leadership qualities in their employees. There is a ‘Days in the Field’ program where the employee spends time in department of their interest to gain knowledge and develop new skills.
One of the best things about SWA is that it encourages development of employees by supporting continuing education and skill development training. A full-time employee gets up to $5,000 every year as a reimbursement for a graduate degree and $2,500 per annum as a reimbursement for undergraduate degree.
The company also have a self-acclaimed rewards and recognition program where the employees are appreciated for the good work they do. SWA has an online portal for the same that is called Southwest Airlines Gratitude (SWAG). Employees can appreciate and recognize the fellows via Kick tail which is a type of thank you note on SWAG portal. The work being appreciated by lower and higher subordinates and management of the company motivates employees and keeps them engaged.
How one should check and apply for job position at Southwest Airlines?
- The job seeker must visit the official website’s career page, search for the open positions and click on ‘Apply Now’ for role in any of the listed positions.
- You can clearly see the jobs with category, location and open positions on the careers page.
- The selected candidates with be called upon to proceed with further rounds.
Working at SWA have a lot of benefits. Feel lucky if you have a job here. If you are an employee at SWA you can view all your benefits plan by login to the portal. Swalife login ID and password must be used to sign in. Swalife retiree sign in page is different and that for Crew Web Access Login too. You can even download Swalife Mobile App from here.