Southwest Airlines Check In has now been made easy and comfortable. The web check-in speeds up your check-in process by offering you an option to check in and print the boarding pass directly from your computer. Apart from this, the e-boarding pass will be sent to your email address by the respective airline. The web check-in lets you check-in your luggage in advance, select the seat, meal options and do other things before you depart for the flight.
It’s easy to check in online regardless of your location. If you are curious to know how this work, you can have a look at some of the commonly asked questions.
How early can I check in for my flight?
You can check in for your flight with Southwest Airlines, 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. All you need to have is your confirmation number and first and last name.
Where can I check in for my flight?
The customers with eligible reservations can easily check-in online at southwest.com or use the Southwest app from here. Once you have successfully checked in for your flight, you can print the boarding pass online. If you have downloaded the app, you can even choose to receive it as a text.
Southwest Airlines Check In | EarlyBird Check-In
If you have purchased the EarlyBird Check-In, the system will automatically check you in and reserve the boarding position 36 hours before the flight departure. The benefit you get is that it begins before the general 24-hour check-in begins.
What do you get if you purchase EarlyBird Check-In?
- Automatic Check-In: Whether you have selected print your boarding pass the day before or just few hours before the flight, your confirmed boarding position will be ready and will be waiting for you. You can print the boarding pass or even download it on your mobile device within 24-hours of the check-in.
- Better Boarding Position: As you are checked-in automatically, you get the boarding position assigned 36 hours before your flights scheduled departure i.e. 12 hours before the general check-in becomes available. It improves your seat selection options and helps you get a better seat.
- Early Access to Overhead Bins: If you have got bags, there is always a room for you. By boarding earlier, you will get a better pick of the overhead bin space.
How to purchase Southwest Airlines EarlyBird Check-In?
While buying your ticket, you need to select EarlyBird Check-In on southwestvacations.com. Or if you have already booked your vacation package, you can even purchase the EarlyBird check-in on southwest.com up to 36 hours before the scheduled local departure of your flight, starting from $15 each person (fee might change at any time). You need to have the airline confirmation number located on the itinerary and the e-travel documents in the flight details section.
Can I use Southwest Airlines Mobile App to check in for International Flights or Check flight status?
Yes, you can check in for the international flight and receive the assigned boarding position via mobile app, though you will only receive the actual boarding pass at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter or kiosk upon on your arrival at the airport and have the passport verified. You can easily check the flight status for international flights via mobile app.
The first step is going to the official flight check-in page. You will have two options here – ‘Search by router’ or ‘Search by flight #’.
If you search by route:
- Enter the departure city or airport code.
- Enter the arrival city or airport code.
- Enter departure date.
- Enter flight number, though it is not mandatory field.
- Now, hit the ‘Search’ button to check status.
If you search by flight #:
- Enter the flight number.
Now, hit the ‘Search’ button to check the flight status.